I (heart) my button machine

Thursday, April 3, 2008


It took a while, but I finally got my new 1" button machine. (BTW, thank you Keith @ American Button Machines for being SO helpful!) I am absolutely amazed at how easy making the button is! What is not easy: creating the graphic.

I found a public domain photograph of St. Therese and a Photoshop button template. I knew that Paint Shop Pro would open the Photoshop file, but what I apparently forgot was how to use Paint Shop Pro. It took me FOREVER to get the words on a curve the way I wanted. But I finally did...at 2AM this morning *yawn*

The rose was a little easier. My brother and I cut some photos out of magazines and catalogs, and I found the rose in a magazine ad. My brother made buttons using a picture from a telescope catalog and a page from an old map.

I could make buttons all night...I'm such a geek :)

3 comments:

Kat said...

Oooo, how exciting! I want a button machine so much! You're making me jealous, lol

Sounds like a lot of fun!

beepbeephello said...

i love your buttons.

Caroline said...

What fun!

I was thinking of getting a button machine. It looks like lots of fun!